Spice Up Your Kitchen With Color Blocking!
Are you looking for a way to spice up the look of your kitchen? Color blocking is a sure-fire way in which to add a fun and fresh new look to the room that everyone gathers in! Color blocking invigorates and adds energy. Just like choosing colors to coordinate with your wardrobe, you can easily pick different colors that blend well together to make your kitchen unique and striking. Color blocking allows you to modernize your kitchen by experimenting with different shades without being overwhelmed.
So what exactly is color blocking? This technique is an art that combines solid colors together whether in random order or methodical patterns. What is accomplished is an interesting color combination for your kitchen. The nice thing about using this technique is that you can use as many or as few colors as you like. The look can be achieved by combining the color to a wall in your kitchen as well as by utilizing accessories such as canisters, plates, kitchen towels or area rugs. By exploiting color in this fashion, you are making the kitchen area more interesting and complex. The look you will achieve while using this technique can be subtle, bold or modern depending on the color and accessories you choose. A good rule of thumb to follow is to watch the amount of color you add to the room. Should you use too much color; the room can become too busy and distracting rather than exuding the look you are striving to achieve.
Tips to Remember
When putting together a wardrobe, there are certain key factors you need to take into consideration. The same goes for adding color blocking to your kitchen. Not only should you make sure to only utilize bold colors that are pleasing to the eye, but also you should make sure to choose colors that blend well together. A few more tips to consider are:
- Do not go overboard with bold colors.
- Bright colors can be balanced out by adding neutral colors.
- Limit your use of colors to no more than three.
- Keep things simple. Don’t let things get too busy with the addition of to many elements.
- Should you want to add patterns, only throw in one.
But make sure that you have fun when establishing color blocking in your kitchen décor. This trend is meant to be fun and not meant for just your walls. Find pleasure in adding furniture, accessories, wall hangings and curtains while adding this freeing and enjoyable technique!
Adding Special Touches of Color
There are several ways in which you can extend the look of color blocking in your kitchen. Here are just a few options to consider:
- Rugs – should you have bare floors, think about extending your color blocking scheme to your rugs. Make sure to match these accessories to the rest of your kitchen color scheme.
- Accessories – should you have a typical white or some other neutral colored kitchen, liven up your kitchen space with some color blocking details. Think about the vases, towels, tablecloths, curtains, etc. that you can add that will add the right splash of color. These are some inexpensive ideas that will add that pop of color and graphic pattern to this space.
- Artwork – to help administer the color blocking look in your kitchen, think about the effects that an abstract piece of artwork would provide. If you have a special artist in the family, such as your child, ask them to create a masterpiece for this special space. Make sure to choose solid colored mats for the piece and coordinate the frames if adding multiple pieces of artwork.