Get Ready for the 2015 Zonta Homewalk!
It’s that time of year once again… Time for the 2015 Zonta Homewalk! Greystone Homes is a proud supporter of this Homewalk every year. Zonta is a service organization that helps women help themselves. Their organization of business executives and volunteers work together in order to advance the status of women in Midland, as well as around the world by encouraging women to learn and grow in their personal and professional lives.
Come Join the Fun!
Come join the fun of our 2015 Zonta Homewalk on December 5th or 6th. There will be five homes featured and decorated for the holidays along with one rest stop. Stop by Greystone Homes to purchase your ticket for $15 and save $5! If you purchase one the day of the walk you will be spending $20 a ticket. The following homes will be highlighted:
- The Acosta Home at 2041 Mockingbird Lane. This New England Farmhouse style home was built in 2014 and has 6,200 square feet. Appalachian hardwood floors pour throughout the entire home while the window treatments in the living room offer a tasteful blend of Gustavian and French Cottage décor. Featured on the second floor is a nursery with a Jack and Jill bath to the second bedroom. The guest room offers warm and inviting décor while the master suite offers a dream worthy walk-through closet and oversized soaker tub. The living, dining and kitchen areas depict an open concept of living that provides warm conversation while gathered in front of the fireplace. Make sure that you pay attention to the light fixtures in the home because the homeowner designed them! The holiday décor you will see will be by Julia Jenkins Starkweather of Trim-Its & Treasures.
- The Hulbert Home at 2241 North Rolling Ridge Drive. This home was built in 2003 and features 3,840 square feet of living space. The foyer has a peaked ceiling and oak flooring that gives off a warm and welcoming feeling upon entrance. To the left of the foyer is the dining room with its soft red walls and tray ceiling. To the right is the cozy master suite with an abundance of natural lighting from the array of windows. A Jacuzzi tub with surrounding tile offers a relaxing end of the day in the master bath. The second floor offers three more bedrooms as well as another full bath. Be on the lookout for the Zonta International artwork from Australia. A wall of windows gives the living room an abundance of natural lighting while the gas fireplace, with its wood mantle and granite surrounding, supply the room with warm coziness. The kitchen is the center of the home with its fireplace, granite countertops, raised eat-at peninsula and breakfast nook. Holiday décor is provided by Sherry Schmidt and Roy Kutchey Greenhouses.
- The Blackwood Court Home at 1592 East Blackwood Court. This home was built in 2011 and boasts 2,750 square feet. When you enter through the front door, acacia wood floors flow through the foyer and dining room offer you a warm and unique welcome. The master retreat is located halfway to the second floor with 11 foot ceilings, lots of natural lighting, a large walk-in closet and master bath. A soaker tub is featured in the master bath that fills from the ceiling waterfall. The second floor has a sitting room and three bedrooms, including a Jack and Jill bath. The great room features 19 foot ceilings and floods the room with natural lighting from its large windows, inviting you to relax in front of a gas fireplace and built-in shelving. The kitchen boasts granite countertops, a massive island, a walk-in pantry and an inviting sitting area. Holiday décor is provided by the homeowners.
- The Feagley Home at 33 Lexington Court. Built in 1941, this home offers 1,800 square feet of living space. This is an Alden B. Dow home and on the National Registry of Historic Places. So many special touches fill this home, making it very unique. The living room is surrounded by windows and built-in furniture that blend evenly with the original oak flooring. A corner fireplace warms the living and dining room, while the furnishings speak to you from around the world and one-of-a-kind light fixtures. In the family room you will enjoy a park view from the wall of windows and a specially designed coffee table from the head designer at Alden B. Dow’s office. In the kitchen you will find an extremely efficient galley featuring beautiful cabinets and an eat-at peninsula extension. The master bedroom also features many built-ins such as a desk, a full wall of closets and a corner window. That bath includes an oversized soaker tub, built-in shelving and grass cloth walls. The cozy office displays photos of homes that have been designed by the homeowner. The holiday décor is provided by John and Ruth Frey. While this house may offer a delay to enter, it will be well worth the wait.
- The Trapani Home at 6208 Shirewood Circle. In 2013, this home was built featuring 3,905 square feet. Bamboo wood floors offer a warm welcome upon entrance. The home office offers a hand-made desk of walnut, cherry and mahogany. As you stroll through the home you will notice the extraordinary artwork that has been collected from around the world. Upon entering the great room you will take notice of the gas fireplace and archway to the kitchen with its unique ceiling and window treatments. A gourmet kitchen brags of granite countertops, an eat-at island, a walk-in pantry and a butler’s pantry. Don’t forget to visit the master suite with its bounty of windows as well as a master bath featuring a glass block Roman shower and a jetted tub. Holiday décor is furnished by Village Green Flowers & Gifts.
Stop for a Rest!
When you need a break during the Homewalk, stop by Independence Village and Story Point at 2329 Rockwell Drive. A delicious selection of hors d’oeuvres and desserts will be offered along with beverages prepared by their staff chef. Jolly holiday music will be performed live on the piano and flute. There will be ten uniquely decorated Christmas trees, holiday arrangements and decorations to help create a festive atmosphere to help get you in the holiday spirit! The holiday décor will be provided by Independence Village and Story Point staff.
For more information:
Take a look at the Zonta Home Walk site Here and please support this great cause!
For tickets, please stop by Greystone Homes today!